A sustainable business
We at Verbatex do our very best to minimize waste in our production process and our other activities. For this we make the necessary efforts.
- Our roofs are covered with 10,500 m² of solar panels.
- Wooden pallets are recovered.
- Thanks to automatic spool winders, spools are used up almost 100%.
- Viscose and most of our polyester yarns are dope dyed. This technology adds the color pigment during the extrusion of the yarn and reduces water use to a minimum.
- All the cardboard we use is 100% recycled.
- Waste from carpets, cut-offs, leftover yarn, plastic, household, metal and oil is sorted and collected for recycling.
- We avoid overproduction, producing only on demand from our customers and always maintaining quality.
Viscose is made from natural wood pulp. The cellulose we use comes from SFC-certified fast-growing and harvested wood. Cellulose is a product that is recycled naturally into the ecosystem.
By using natural wool with irregularities, our wool rugs get a handmade look. For this purpose, we work exclusively with good wool spinners who partly spin with natural undyed wool fibers from European sheep.
Polyester is a synthetic yarn manufactured from petroleum. The yarns have high strength and are easy to maintain. With the twist of the yarn, we ensure that the appearance of the finished product looks as fine as with any other material.
All of our products have a STANDARD 100 label from OEKO-TEX®. The label guarantees that the final product contains no harmful substances or residues of pesticides and heavy metals. Each component of an item with the STANDARD 100 label has been tested for harmful substances and is therefore harmless to human health.
Our company is GRS certified. The Global Recycle Standard (GRS) is a voluntary, international product standard by which we maintain control over and guard against the social, environmental and chemical impact of our production. We know where our materials come from, guarantee good working conditions and limit our impact on the environment.